SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. firstname.lastname@example.org Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Bing new window
|Jun 17 Mon
- Airbus launched A321XLR to complement A321neo Family. Lower fuel burn per seat, Xtra Long Range of up to 4,700nm, photo
- US Air Force KC-46 Pegasus at International Paris Air Show in Le Bourget, France
- United States military aircraft and personnel will participate International Paris Air Show
- SpaceJet renamed regional jet by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. showcased at Paris Air Show
- Paris Air Show 2019 Planning Guide
- Cmdr. Lena C. Kaman command of Helicopter Training Squadron Eight at Naval Air Station Whiting Field
- Boeing will showcase commercial and defense products at 2019 Paris Air Show, June 17-23 Paris-Le Bourget Airport.
US DoD will display AH-64 Apache attack helicopter, CH-47 Chinook heavy-lift helicopter
- Airbus SE at Paris Air Show 2019 will present portfolio of products, technologies, services for aerospace industry requirements.
Airbus Helicopters display full-scale mock-up of new H160M
- NY Fort Drum Mountainfest will return to Division Hill on June 20 military displays
- USAF Red Flag 19-3 July 14 - July 31
- FAA Safety Alerts -
18013, Updated Rotorcraft External Load Attaching Means and Quick Release Devices for Human External Cargo (HEC).
18010, Procedures for Avoiding Obstacles Lighted with Light-Emitting Diode (LED)
Obstruction Lights While Utilizing Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
- NTSB Safety Alerts,
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
|June 15 Sat
- Airbus engineers have developed scale-model aeroplane with first in-flight, flapping wing-tips.
Semi-aeroelastic hinge concept to reduce drag and overall wing weight, while combating effects of turbulence and wind gusts
- US Naval Test Pilot School rotary instructor Barb Gordon was Navy first to receive Army Broken Wing Award
- US Army Redstone Test Center (RTC) Experimental Test Pilot Chief Warrant Officer 3 Sylvia Grandstaff recipient of Broken Wing Award
- 2019 Wings Over Whiteman Air and Space Show and Open House June 15 and 16, featuring F-22 Raptor Demonstration Team,
A-10C Thunderbolt II demo team, US Army Golden Knights Parachute Team, Missouri, 2 miles south of Knob Noster, MO
- Hearst Castle open for pool parties on selected evenings, 6.30-8.30pm July 6, Aug. 3 and 24, Sept. 21, $1,250
- Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument
- Lake Havasu City record high temperature on June 29, 1994
- US Army Military Journal - May June 2019
- Robinson Helicopter Newsletter Winter 2019, Torrance, Calif
- Santa Monica Mountains, Southern California.
Historical and cultural sites, from old movie ranches to Native American centers
- Anza-Borrego Desert Calif State Park wildflower locations and directions,
- Angeles National Forest special places, Southern Calif
- USAF Schedule F-22 Demonstration Team
- Santa Barbara County Day Use Parks
more travel LAtimes.com
|Jun 14 Fri
- Boeing build next-generation MH-47G Chinooks for US Army Special Operations Aviation Command
- French Defence Procurement Agency DGA signed order to purchase additional H225M helicopter which will be operated by French Air Force
- KC-46A Pegasus out of Edwards AFB conducts testing with C-5M Super Galaxy from Travis AFB, California, photos
- Kopter SH09 third prototype (P3) flies in Sicily
- USAF conducted first flight test of its AGM-183A Air Launched Rapid Response Weapon (ARRW) on B-52 Stratofortress at Edwards AFB, California
- Canada RADARSAT Constellation Mission (RCM) launched into space aboard SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Vandenberg AFB, California
- US Helicopter Safety Team monthly update (May 2019)
more helicopter Reports ushst.org
- FAA Safety Briefing - performance-based aircraft certification standards for general aviation - May/June 2019
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2019, 2020
- US Navy Week Schedule
- Darpa Opportunities
|Jun 13 Thu
- US SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND - Boeing awarded cost-plus-fixed-fee type delivery order modification (P00001) under
current contract (W91215-16-G-0001) to procure six renew-build and one new-build MH-47G rotary wing aircraft
- US Army future combat may deploy large unmanned aerial system that can serve as mothership capable of
unleashing swarms of autonomous aircraft for various missions
- US Navy aircraft carrier USS Reagan (CVN 76) participated in cooperative deployment with Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force
(JMSDF) ships JS Izumo (DH-183), JS Murasame (DD-101) and JS Akebono (DD-108), photo
- Helicopter pilot that hit roof in NY skyscraper in rain and fog radioed that he was lost and trying to get back to heliport
- GAO Report KC-46 Tanker Modernization - Aircraft Delivery Has Begun, but Deficiencies Could Affect Operations and Will Take Time to Correct.
Costs for KC-46 program remain lower than expected
- Swift Response 2019 is US Army Europe exercise led by US Global Response Force, from June 11-24 at various locations
in Bulgaria, Croatia and Romania
- Federal Register for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Nasa CallBACK monthly safety newsletter, May 2019 Critical Equipment Failures
- US Army Aviation Digest - Primer for Company-level Collective Training at Home Station
- USAF Air Combat Command F-16 Viper Demonstration Team Schedule
|Jun 12 Wed
- Alaska National Guard conducted annual training, UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter air assault unit, photos
- US Security Assistance Command delivered 70 Bell OH-58D Kiowa Warrior armed reconnaissance helicopters
and one Boeing CH-47D Chinook heavy-lift helicopter to Greece, photo
- Honeywell agreement with unnamed air taxi developer to supply multiple units of IntuVue(tm) RDR-84K Band Radar System
for urban air mobility (UAM) prototype aircraft
- Interagency Aviation Training (IAT) Course Schedule
|Jun 11 Tue
- Helicopter crash and fire on roof of midtown Manhattan building, New York City
- Sikorsky (Lockheed) will build six production VH-92A Presidential Helicopters under contract from US Navy
- Airbus Helicopters delivered Nakanihon Air Service 20th H135 at ceremony at hangar in Aichi Prefecture, photo
- DoD implementation of Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) not fully achieving expected
outcomes of DoD Joint Information Environment (JIE) objective to implement regional security
- Team Vandenberg scheduled to support launch of SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket carrying RADARSAT Constellation Mission
from Space Launch Complex-4 on Wednesday, Jun. 12, with launch window opening at 7.17am Pacific Time
- DOT and FAA are taking steps to advance development of civil supersonic aircraft
- Regional airlines canceled flights after receiving error messages from navigation systems aboard some airplanes
- US National Archives and Records Administration - Nationwide Events
- Boeing CST-100 Starliner propulsion system test White Sands Test Facility in New Mexico.
NASA Commercial Crew Program - August timeframe for Orbital Flight Test for Boeing 2019
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
Calendar Grand Canyon NP
August 1, 1943 - "Hell's Wench" B-24 badly damaged by anti-aircraft artillery fire, led 93rd Bombardment Group (Heavy)
in daring low level attack on oil refineries at Ploesti, Romania, photo
History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
Friends of the Inyo exploring new places, Calif
Death Valley National Park - Scotty Castle
Road Information nps.gov
California Fall Color, scenic drives and hikes
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
Three US Marine H-53 Sea Stallion
heavyLift helicopters (over 20yrs old) brought out of retirement from
DavisMonthan AFB Ariz. will be upgraded and put back into active service. photo Aug2005
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum, Ashland, NE
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
Sikorsky Boeing SB1 DEFIANT(tm) helicopter first flight, photos
DoD USAF plan to buy 80 F-15X and slow rollout of the F-35
SureFly eVTOL, hybrid-electric eVTOL multi-copter
Lockheed new digital curriculum for high-school students, parents and educators as part of Generation Beyond,
free, online STEM education program used in US classrooms
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
IntelAero ready-to-fly unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project