SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. firstname.lastname@example.org Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Bing new window
|May 28 Thu
- F-35C Lightning II at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, Southern Calif
- Air Operations at Fort Hunter Liggett, Central Coast Calif.
TUSI Army Heliport supports rotary wing aircraft, staging base for firefighting apparatus during large wildland fires in surrounding area.
Dirt airstrip suitable for C-17 landings and takeoffs.
background Fort Hunter Liggett from
- Nasa CallBACK monthly safety newsletter, April 2020 Observations on RNAV (RNP) Approaches
- Federal Register for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- US Army Aviation Digest - Aviation and the Megacity - Jan-Mar 2020
- USAF Air Combat Command F-16 Viper Demonstration Team Schedule
|May 27 Wed
- US Army 18 AH-64 Apache helicopters and two CH-47 Chinook helicopters took off from Katterbach Army Airfield.
Vipers and Big Windy on two-hour training flight
- GE Aviation in position for USAF B-52 Stratofortress Commercial Engine Re-Engining Program
- Reservist Maj. Jeffrey Anderson 99th Reconnaissance Squadron pilot qualified to fly U-2 Dragon Lady, photos
U-2S fact sheet af.mil
- NASA and SpaceX scrubbed launch attempt of Demo-2 test flight to International Space Station.
Next launch 3.22pm EDT Saturday, May 30
- Mars 2020 rover mission, Launch Window July 17 - Aug. 5, 2020
- Interagency Aviation Training (IAT) Course Schedule
|May 26 Tue
- Virgin Orbit conducted launch demonstration of air-launched rocket in skies over Pacific Ocean just off California coast.
After being released from carrier aircraft the LauncherOne rocket lighted booster engine. Anomaly then occurred early in first
stage flight, and the mission safely terminated.
- Informal Honeywell survey taken by more than 700 frequent business and personal air travel passengers indicates types
of guidelines and health-related equipment passengers may be looking for while flying during and after COVID-19 pandemic
- FAA adopting new airworthiness directive (AD) for Robinson R44 and R44 II helicopters.
AD prompted by reports of cracking in certain tail rotor blades, AD is effective May 22, 2020
- Notices to Airmen (NOTAM) Modernization effort, NTAP will be discontinued effective June 18, 2020, last NTAP will be published
on May 21, 2020. Effective June 18, 2020, Graphic Notices will be available at https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publications/graphicnotices/
full text faa.gov
- Rotorcraft Occupant Safety - Helicopter Occupant Safety Toolkit
- News Nellis AFB, Nevada
- FAA monthly Business Jet Reports
- US National Archives and Records Administration - Nationwide Events
- NASA Commercial Crew Program -
SpaceX Crew Dragon spacecraft arrives at Launch Complex 39A at Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
Launch plan of Falcon 9 rocket at 4.33pm EDT on May 27 from Launch Complex 39A in Florida
|May 25 Mon Memorial Day
- UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter crews from New York and Connecticut Army National Guard practice water bucket training
- CH-47 Chinook helicopter crew from New York Army National Guard conducted water bucket training, eastern shore of Lake Ontario
- UK Wildcat Mk2 helicopter test new Martlet missile, photos
- USS Portland disabled unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) with Solid State Laser, photo
- Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., Flying Operations
- USAF F35A Demo Team schedule for 2020 airshow
- FAA Airman Knowledge Sample Test Questions
Airline Transport Sample Questions Helicopter – ATH Effective June 28, 2019
Private Pilot Helicopter Sample Questions – PRH Effective June 28, 2019
Instrument Rating Helicopter Sample Questions – IRH Effective June 28, 2019
- FAA Safety Alerts
19006, Crash Resistant Fuel System (CRFS) Safety Standards
18013, Updated Rotorcraft External Load Attaching Means and Quick Release Devices for Human External Cargo (HEC).
18010, Procedures for Avoiding Obstacles Lighted with Light-Emitting Diode (LED)
Obstruction Lights While Utilizing Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
- NTSB Safety Alerts
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
|May 23 Sat
- Demo-2 crew members Robert Behnken and Douglas Hurley at Launch Complex 39A during full dress rehearsal ahead of launch.
Launch scheduled at 4.33pm EDT Wednesday, May 27, from Launch Pad 39A
- Memorial Day May 25 2020
- US Army University Press March-April 2020, How leaders can reduce friction to a manageable level
Military Review armyupress.army.mil
- Robinson Helicopter Newsletters, Torrance, Calif
- USAF Schedule F-22 Demonstration Team
|May 22 Fri
- National Institute of Aviation Research (NIAR) will create virtual model of Army UH-60L Black Hawk helicopter.
Disassemble airframe and capture 3-D scan of each structural part
- NTSB Aviation Accident Preliminary Report - Bell UH-1H helicopter substantially damaged when involved in accident
in Mesa, Arizona, April 24, 2020. Witnesses reported helicopter flying low towards Falcon Field Airport (FFZ), Mesa, Arizona,
with white smoke coming from the rear rotor area. Suddenly, tail rotor separated from helicopter and landed in a dirt lot below.
Helicopter continued northeast as it started to spin and impact the ground
- FAA Safety Briefing - Aviation Communication May-June 2020
- Nellis Air Force Base, Nev, Flying Operation
- NASA Rotorcraft Publications 2020, 2019, 2018
- US Helicopter Safety Team monthly update
more helicopter Reports ushst.org
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2020
- US Navy Week Schedule
- Darpa Opportunities
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
Calendar Grand Canyon NP
August 1, 1943 - "Hell's Wench" B-24 badly damaged by anti-aircraft artillery fire, led 93rd Bombardment Group (Heavy)
in daring low level attack on oil refineries at Ploesti, Romania, photo
History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
Friends of the Inyo exploring new places, Calif
Death Valley National Park - Scotty Castle
Road Information nps.gov
California Fall Color, scenic drives and hikes
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
Three US Marine H-53 Sea Stallion
heavyLift helicopters (over 20yrs old) brought out of retirement from
DavisMonthan AFB Ariz. will be upgraded and put back into active service. photo Aug2005
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum, Ashland, NE
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
Sikorsky Boeing SB1 DEFIANT(tm) helicopter first flight, photos
DoD USAF plan to buy 80 F-15X and slow rollout of the F-35
SureFly eVTOL, hybrid-electric eVTOL multi-copter
Lockheed new digital curriculum for high-school students, parents and educators as part of Generation Beyond,
free, online STEM education program used in US classrooms
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
IntelAero ready-to-fly unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project