SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. firstname.lastname@example.org Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Google, new window
|Mar 23 Fri
- FAA published emergency order regarding doors off and open-door operations
- Airbus Helicopters Inc. received contract to deliver 16 additional UH-72A Lakotas for United States Army, Texas, photo
- Airbus Helicopters UK with new high of 14 civil aircraft booked in 2017, photo
- Shortage of pilots discussed during 75th meeting of Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training program Steering Committee
at Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
- FAA Safety Briefing for March,April 2018 - Flying Companions Guide to GA
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2018, 2019
- US Navy 2018 Navy Week Schedule
|Mar 22 Thu
- ATSB investigating collision with water of Eurocopter EC120B which occurred near Hardy Reef pontoon, north-east
of Hamilton Island, Whitsunday Islands, Queensland, Australia
- UK AAIB Sikorsky S92 bearing failure in the tail rotor that engineering checks had not identified.
North Sea West Franklin Platform in December 2016
- Boeing and Lion Air Group first 737 MAX 9 delivered, CFM International LEAP-1B engines
- Biz Buzz - US plans to announce sanctions against China after determining that the country is encouraging the
theft and transfer of intellectual property
- US Army Aviation Digest - Leader Development
|Mar 21 Wed
- Emergency Airworthiness Directive (AD) 2018-06-51 is sent to owners and operators of Agusta S.p.A. Model A109A, A109A II,
A109C, A109E, A109K2, A109S, A119, AW109SP, and AW119 MKII helicopters.
Emergency AD was prompted by an error in a parts catalog that incorrectly identifies swashplate support (support) part number (P/N)
109-0110-05-101 as approved for installation on Model AW109SP helicopters. Support P/N 109-0110-05-101 is made of aluminum alloy
and is approved for installation on Model A109A, A109A II, A109C, A109E, A109K2, A109S, A119, and AW119 MKII helicopters, but
is not approved for installation on Model AW109SP helicopters. The approved support for Model AW109SP helicopters is made of steel.
This condition, if not corrected, could result in failure of the support and subsequent loss of control of the helicopter.
- Boeing Commercial Airplanes orders and deliveries 2018
- AirBus Commercial Aircraft orders and deliveries 2018
|Mar 20 Tue
- NTSB called on FAA to prohibit commercial flights that use passenger harness systems
that do not allow for easy release during emergencies
- Raytheon MTS sensor package plus high-energy laser and mounted on MRZR vehicle offer defense against UAVs, photo
- FAA forecasts US airline passengers will increase from 840.8 million in 2017 to 1.28 billion in 2038
- Preventing Inflight Loss of Control in General Aviation through Training and Technology - NTSB is convening a roundtable
of industry and government experts to discuss the current state of the problem,
and highlight available technologies and training, April 24, 8.30am – 3.00pm
|Mar 19 Mon
- FAA ends open-door helicopter flights that use passenger harnesses without quick-release capabilitys
- FAA hiring experienced air traffic controllers to work in facilities throughout the country, and also specifically for
facility that handles the busy New York area airspace. Open from March 19 until March 26, 2018
- HeliMOD Mark III helicopter simulator
- Charleston County Sheriff delivery of Bell 407GX helicopter, South Carolina
- USAF Red Flag schedule for fiscal year 2018, March 9 to 23, July 13 to Aug. 3
- NTSB Safety Alerts,
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
|Mar 17 Sat
- The 1st Battalion, 214th Aviation Regiment, 12th Combat Aviation Brigade received three UH-60M BlackHawk Helicopters, Germany, photos
- US Marine farewell to AH-1W SuperCobra Helicopters, transition to AH-1Z, photos
- Boeing new 737 MAX 7 completed first flight, LEAP-1B engines
- Train ride along the Sacramento River on historic Sacramento Southern Railroad, Northern Calif, Gold Rush Spring events
- Owens Lake Bird Festival set for April 28-30
- Calendar Grand Canyon NP
- Schedule 2018 F-22 Demonstration Team at Langley AFB
- History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
- Santa Barbara County Courthouse on second floor mural room docents give free tours on weekdays at 10.30am and 2pm, weekend days at 2pm
Day Use Parks
more travel laTimes.com
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
NTSB Aviation Accident Final Report - Bell 206B 02/18/2016 probable cause
The in-flight failure of the engine-to-transmission drive shaft due to improper maintenance, which resulted in low main rotor rpm and a subsequent hard landing to water
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
Textron Inc. first quarter 2017 -- Bell delivered 27 commercial helicopters compared to 30 units last year
What to expect from space science in 2017 Jan
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
Three US Marine H-53 Sea Stallion
heavyLift helicopters (over 20yrs old) brought out of retirement from
DavisMonthan AFB Ariz. will be upgraded and put back into active service. photo Aug2005
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
IntelAero ready-to-fly unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
GOES-R first of NOAA advanced geostationary weather satellites
Sikorsky S97 RAIDER(tm)
Bell 525 Relentless Super Medium Helicopter
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project