SpaceStation Expedition mission
Live events NASA_tv
when Station is visible to the eye
Space Shuttle Atlantis lands KSC July 21,2011
Tour of glass cockpit.
|Friends have Tommy memories.
Send a suggestion. email@example.com Kip
|RefDesk Latest News from Google, new window
|Nov 19 Mon
- Air National Guardsmen provide aerial imagery support to agencies battling fires in California
- California Army National Guard UH-60M BlackHawk helicopter to support state agencies battling Camp Fire, Northern California
- National Transportation Safety Board Preliminary Report - Robinson R44 helicopter substantially damaged during hard landing on
Kaneohe Sandbar, located in Kaneohe Bay, near Kaneohe, Hawaii. Statement from pilot, about 20 minutes into flight he felt himself
lose consciousness, then moments later he regained consciousness and control of the helicopter
- US Marine UH-1Y Huey helicopter prepares to land on flight deck of amphibious transport dock ship
USS Green Bay, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, photo
- FAA Safety Alerts -
18013, Updated Rotorcraft External Load Attaching Means and Quick Release Devices for Human External Cargo (HEC).
18010, Procedures for Avoiding Obstacles Lighted with Light-Emitting Diode (LED)
Obstruction Lights While Utilizing Night Vision Goggles (NVG)
- FAA Fly Safe - Prevent Loss of Control Accidents - Many events occurred in approach phase of flight,
and many of those accidents resulted from an unstabilized approach or a failure to go around
- NTSB Safety Alerts,
Flight Helmet Cords Can Impede Egress, Understand cord connections (SA-068)
Loss of Tail Rotor Effectiveness in Helicopters, Be alert for uncommanded yaw (SA-062).
Helicopter Landing Sites Free from Debris, Foreign object debris can foul rotor systems and cause damage (SA-057).
Flying on Empty, Prevent the Preventable with Careful Fuel Management (SA-067)
- Space Weather for Aviation Service Provider
|Nov 17 Sat
- US Central Command aviation display Nov.14-16 during Bahrain International Airshow (BIAS) at Sakhir Airbase, Bahrain.
Aircraft MH-60S Knighthawk helicopter, MH-53E Sea Dragon helicopter, AV-8B Harrier, two MV-22B Osprey tilt-rotor aircraft,
two F-15E Strike Eagles, two F-16 Fighting Falcons, F-35B Lightning II, B-1B Lancer
- Lockheed (SkunkWorks) began manufacturing the first part for X-59 Quiet Supersonic Technology aircraft
- Butte County, Camp Fire Incident Information, Helicopters 24, 148,000 acres 55percent contained, Nov.17,2018 7.08am
- Ventura County, Woolsey Fire Incident Information, Helicopters 16, 98,362 acres - 82percent contained, Nov.17,2018 6.27am
- PD Columbus, Georgia, Bell OH-58 crash may have struck a power line
- Yosemite Valley fall color, Oak Glen about 80 miles east downtown Los Angeles
- California fall color
- Calendar Grand Canyon NP
- Schedule 2018 F-22 Demonstration Team at Langley AFB
- History of San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, photos
- Santa Barbara County Day Use Parks
more travel LAtimes.com
|Nov 16 Fri
- Bahrain deal with Bell Helicopter (Textron) to buy 12 AH-1Z Viper helicopters,
first batch by the end of 2022
- Lockheed contract to provide infrastructure to support developmental laboratory facilities and flight test activities in support
of F-35 development, production and sustainment. Work will be performed at Edwards Air Force Base, California (35 percent),
Patuxent River, Maryland (35 percent), Fort Worth, Texas (30 percent), and expected to be completed in March 2020
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency - Glide Breaker will develop an enabling technology critical for an advanced interceptor
capable of defeating hypersonic vehicles. Added Nov.06,2018, Response Date Dec.21,2018
Darpa more Opportunities
- US Helicopter Safety Team monthly update
- FAA Safety Briefing - Birds of a Different Feather - November/December 2018
- US Navy Blue Angels Show Schedules 2018, 2019
- US Navy 2018 Navy Week Schedule
|Nov 15 Thu
- National Transportation Safety Board - Accident Preliminary Report - Bell 206B helicopter impacted terrain near Uvalde, Texas.
Helicopter impacted the hill about 100 ft from the apex, a wreckage path estimated about 75-100 yds long ran along the hill to the main wreckage
- Lockheed, Fort Worth, Texas, contract modification for 255 F-35s aircraft.
Lockheed, Owego, New York, contract that provides for production and delivery of eight MH-60R helicopter
as well as associated systems engineering and program management support
- FAA Supplemental Type Certification (STC) in several aircraft models for Garmin GFC 500 and GFC 600 autopilots, Cessna 210, Cessna 208B
- Butte County, Camp Fire Incident Information, Helicopters 24, 140,000 acres 40percent contained, Nov.15,2018 7.18am
- Ventura County, Woolsey Fire Incident Information, Helicopters 22, 98,362 acres - 57percent contained, Nov.15,2018 7.52am
- Center of the Aerospace Testing Universe - Edwards AFB
- Nasa CallBACK monthly safety newsletter, October 2018 Non-Towered Airport Incidents
- US Army Aviation Digest - General Support Aviation and Assault Helicopter Battalions include AH-64s into tactical assembly area (TAA) security plan
|Nov 14 Wed
- Pratt Whitney Canada (United Technologies) started delivering PW127G engines to Airbus Defence and Space in support
of Canada Fixed-Wing Search and Rescue Aircraft Replacement Project. Will be installed on specially configured Airbus C295 aircraft
- UK first quantum accelerometer for navigation demonstrated by team from Imperial College London and M Squared.
Most navigation relies on satellite system as GPS, quantum accelerometer self-contained system that does not rely on any external signals
- Ventura County, Woolsey Fire Incident Information, Helicopters 22, 97,620 acres - 47percent contained, Nov.14,2018 8.04am
|Nov 13 Tue
- Airbus Helicopters delivered first of seven upgraded National Police Air Service (NPAS) H135 helicopters,
under contract to equip and standardise UK police helicopter fleet Night Vision (NVIS) capability, photo
- Helicopter Emergency Medical Services New Zealand Limited selected Airbus H145, for delivery second half of 2019, photo
- UK RFA Tidesurge trials with Chinook helicopter, photo
- Butte County, Camp Fire Incident Information, Helicopters 23, 130,000 acres 35percent contained, Nov.13,2018 7.39pm
- Ventura County, Woolsey Fire Incident Information, Helicopters 22, 96,314 acres - 35percent contained, Nov.13,2018 7.59am
- Northrop Grumman Resupply Mission to Space Station (CRS-10) Nov.15,2018 4.49am Eastern from Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia
Going West on the Lincoln Highway map
Friends of the Inyo exploring new places, Calif
Death Valley National Park - Scotty Castle
Road Information nps.gov
California Fall Color, scenic drives and hikes
SAFO - Helicopter Stabilized Hover Checks Before Departure
GE tested Advanced Turboprop Engine with 3D-Printed parts.
Civilian turboprop engine to combine 855 separate components into just 12, photo
FAA Administrator Fact Book returned on-line
Top 10 Martin Gardner Scientific American Articles, Mathematical Games column began January 1957
B-17F Memphis Belle(tm) to be placed on public display on May 17, 2018 at National Museum USAF, photo
Fact Sheet nationalmuseum.af.mil
1944 movie Director Lt. Col. William Wyler afi.com American Film Institute
2017 Ladies Love Taildraggers 5 scholarships
Robinson Helicopter Safety Alerts -- Low-G Mast Bumping Accidents Dec2016
Three US Marine H-53 Sea Stallion
heavyLift helicopters (over 20yrs old) brought out of retirement from
DavisMonthan AFB Ariz. will be upgraded and put back into active service. photo Aug2005
|Mars Spirit Opportunity rovers.
|US Navy helicopter San Diego Calif training 2007.
Photo courtesy of Jim Pratt "flybum" opens new window.
|Monthy Van Nuys Propeller Aircraft Association,
Historical Aircraft Display Day.
|Blue Angels Show Schedule
|EAA B-17 Tour
|USAF Thunderbirds Show Schedule.
|Collings Foundation B-17 B-24
|Reno NV Air Races
|Strategic Air Command and Aerospace Museum, Ashland, NE
|Always check before travel,|
events sometimes get cancelled.
SureFly eVTOL, hybrid-electric eVTOL multi-copter
Lockheed new digital curriculum for high-school students, parents and educators as part of Generation Beyond,
free, online STEM education program used in US classrooms
Sikorsky R-4 helicopter display, photo
IntelAero ready-to-fly unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)
Engineering Development Model UH-60V Black Hawk helicopter, photo
Researchers at MIT designed one of the strongest lightweight materials known, by 3-D printing flakes of graphene,
a two-dimensional form of carbon. The new material, a sponge-like configuration with a density of just 5 percent,
can have a strength 10 times that of steel.
NASA Subsonic Rotary Wing Project